Saturday, September 13, 2008

Trying Tiny Teddy

I'm going to brush past the fact that it has been 3 months since my last post. Excuse me as I hide my face in shame, but I still haven't opened the sewing machine! I could give you my laundry list of excuses, though I'd rather just give you my laundry. :)

My neighborhood has a fabulous Library Annex that is within walking distance from my house. I can browse the catalog from my computer, request it and within a few days it's in the annex waiting for me! Well, a few weeks ago I received a book called,
"Sewing Tiny Toys" by Carolyn Vosburg Hall. Realizing that it was time for me to return it, I thought maybe I'd give one of them a try. Turns out most of them can be hand sewn, so I can put off my sewing machine fears for a little while longer.

Now, the most I have ever hand sewn has been a rouge button here and there, but I am nothing if not determined when I get the urge to do something. I turned to my three year old and asked her to pick one, and eyes wide with excitement she said, "I want the tiny teddy!" So here we go, tiny teddy it is...

Here is my hi-tech pattern...




She chose brown felt and bright pink thread, so this is going to be one fierce little bear!







TO BE CONTINUED......

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com