Thursday, September 18, 2008

Special Delivery!

Last night I received an e-mail from my good friends at the library, saying there was something special waiting for me at the annex. So, this afternoon I grab my little ones and we walk over to see what is in store, since I had no clue I still had items on my waiting list!

I punch in my code, my little cubby goes "pop" and inside I find...



and



My attempts at crochet have been pitiful. Especially working in the round - yikes! One night I spent a good two hours trying out a pattern of an amigurumi bunny, and created what looked like a snowflake not the belly of said bunny. That would have been great if it were December, but not so much in August. I gave up after that. Now with the arrival of the new books, I will have to try yet again.

I taught my oldest how to make a chain and she is having a blast making bracelets. It makes me smile and reminds me of when I was little. Sigh....

I hope I can find something I am good at, something I have a knack for.

My hands are just itching to create.



1 comments:

Des said...

*crying* I want to just whip down there and show you a mean single crochet. That's so great that you're teaching Hailey. Bracelets for the masses!!!!! Keep trying. It takes a rhythm. Such a fun book!

 
design by suckmylolly.com