Sunday, October 12, 2008

Road Block!

I have reached a road block (I'm watching Amazing Race right now, can you tell?) on my project. I feel flabbergasted about how to put it together. Here are my main questions, any help or ideas are greatly appreciated!


1.) What is the best way to attach the blocks onto the black part to assure that they are evenly spaced?

2.) Should I attach the blocks to the front of the fabric and leave extra fabric to create a back, so you cannot see the stitches? 

3.) Am I crazy for attempting to do all this by hand, because I am scared of my sewing machine?

I am losing confidence that this will come out well. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Just please don't U-Turn me. :)

2 comments:

Des said...

I'm here!!! I'm on the road traveling and have limited internet. So...I'll get busy. Okay, this is felt and it's homemade goodness and stitches. Lookoing at the pottery barn picture I would just lay your squares on the 'front' and stitch them through. I would use a thicker thread like a pearl cotton or use embroidery thread, but use like 4 strands. If you don't understand this language, ask them at joann's. :) I would stitch it to the front and call it good. I don't know why you need a back unless you really don't want to see your stitches. If you want the back, then after you have the front made and measured and squared up, you could cut your backing the same size and then use your trusy felt glue on the edges. Then you could do a decorative running stitch on the edges. helpful? I'll be home thursday afternoon xxoo

Vanessa said...

Very helpful! Thank you!!! :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com