Monday, October 27, 2008

Copy Cat

I am growing wary of being a copy cat. I love the little things I have made, but I long to come up with a new fresh idea of my own. I see so many things that I like, everywhere I go, and it feels good to know that I can duplicate them. But there is this part of me that slightly cringes at the thought of copying someone else's cute idea, yet again.


That being said, and disregarded,

I saw these at Target today in the bargain bin for a whopping 50 cents. Had to buy them both. Pages and pages of cute little monsters, that I can copy. MEOW!


and don't even get me started on The Land of Nod catalog that showed up last week. These will be mine once I get past Thanksgiving. MEOW!!

Old habits die hard, I guess. I think I just need to try a little harder and attempt to manifest my own ideas. After I finish these, of course.

2 comments:

Des said...

I hear ya! Stimulus can be a good and bad thing. Sometimes I think I just need to stay away from magazines and blogs so i can come up with something new. It's a real dilemna for me. Good food for thought. I LOVE Land of Nod. Just keep creating. xxoo

Corrie said...

Love the monsters! You're welcome to copy them for me. That is my claim to fame -- I can copy anything.

 
design by suckmylolly.com