Thursday, November 6, 2008

Score!

I took a trip to my favorite thrift store yesterday and the place was exploding with Christmas items. I cruised through to the craft section, where I found a lady in no hurry to let anyone else near the bin. I was itching with anticipation, hoping to find something exciting like last time. I watched as she snatched magazine after magazine of cute Christmas craft ideas. My girls were in no mood to wait for this lady to finish, so a little dejected I moseyed over to the book aisle and hit the Christmas Jackpot!

I found books from Betty Crocker, Martha Stewart, and this gem from Better Homes and Gardens circa 1974.



This book is awesome! It is filled with pictures and projects, even patterns. And for $1 - what a steal!


Here is just a small sampling of some of its coolness...






(I apologize for the wonkiness of this last picture, my camera was not cooperating.)

What I LOVE about these decorations is they all use non traditional colors. Bright pinks, blues, yellows! Plus, I am digging the Dutch vibe most of them have. I just want to braid my hair, throw some clogs on, and get to creating!

I will share more as we get more into the season, it still feels too early, but I couldn't resist sharing.

That lady would be kicking herself if she saw my goodies. Ha!

3 comments:

Des said...

EXTREMELY cool. I so love those stockings the most!!!!!! And yes, the dutch vibe is so fabulous. I have some thrift store finds that I'll be talking about but I still have another week of retreat-ness. :) I love having 4 weeks worth of posts over one event!!!

Corrie said...

Those are actually cute! That definitely has potential. Get working. I have no clue what I'm doing for people this year for Christmas. I need to think.

Anonymous said...

POST ANOTHER CRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need inspiration.

 
design by suckmylolly.com